Symmetrix Composite Tooling in Bristol, RI and Carson City, NV is looking to hire a new workers in the follow positions:
Successful applicants should have basic work skills in a manufacturing environment. Composite experience is a plus but not required. Symmetrix Composites is prepared to train qualified applicants.
Symmetrix shop floor workers are expected to help with all other positions on the shop floor. The successful candidates will have the willingness to learn and perform other tasks on theshop floor, such as pattern and mold construction.
After a 90-day trial period, the candidate will receive paid holidays, PTO, access to health, dental, andvision insurance and overtime when available.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
- composite: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks – learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Symmetrix Composite Tooling, Inc. is a multi-axis digital fabricator specializing in composites and serving progressive industries such as alternative energy, transportation, marine, art, and architecture, operating multiple tooling plants located across the country. Customer satisfaction is
essential to the success of the company.
The Sales Account/Project Manager will be the conduit between the customer and factory effectively communicating and managing their needs and expectations with production’s capabilities and capacity. The role will see customer projects through from lead generation and closing of the sale,
into manufacture and on to successful delivery.
Working under the direction of Senior Management, and the Plant Manager the Sales Account/Project Manager will:
- Manage existing B2B accounts, ensuring customer satisfaction by facilitating communication, nurturing relationships, resolving conflicts and providing solutions in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the sales lifecycle from quoting/estimating to deliver acting as the point of contact to handle customers individual needs.
- Develop new business with existing customers and actively identify and pursue new sales opportunities as appropriate.
- Communicate project details, specific requirements and project changes with manufacturing.
- Collaborate with operations on project planning and execution to maximize performance and ensure customer expectations are met.
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Make customer site visits as required.
- Contribute to product feedback and technical development.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the other Symmetrix business units to capitalize on sales opportunities.
Key Internal Relationships include:
- Plant Manager
- Plant Administrator
- Design and Engineering
- Shop Floor Supervisor
- SYMX Group via sales and project update during the Tuesday Program review meetings
- SG&A team
The Sales Account & Project Manager is expected to have excellent communication skills, be pro- active and initiate team building and problem solving utilizing these tools:
- ERP/MRP software
- Quoting and estimating models
- CRM software
- FRP tooling method and production process documentation
- CAD/CAM and 3D modeling software
- Plant Manager will be responsible for effectively planning, directing and coordinating all activities of the tooling plant. The tooling shop Floor Supervisor will manage the workforce under the direction of the Plant Manager and will focus on the day to day, job by job task assignments for the entire workforce. This can vary based on customer needs and market pressure but in general terms consists of 25-30 positions in the following trades: Digital Fabrication- CAD/CAM & CNC operations, Fabrication, Paste and Foam application, Lamination, and Finishing.
- Bookkeeping & HR will report to the Plant Manager and will be supported in method and process by the SG&A team. Activities will include: Pay Roll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Account Reconciliation, Purchasing & Inventory, Balance Sheet, Company Assets, P&L, and General Leger. Bookkeeping will invoice as directed and calculate the weekly cost of goods sold reports for Program Review.
- Sales & Project management will work under the direction of the Plant Manager and interface with customers on project related issues such as project details, documentation, project milestones and scheduling. Sales & Project management will be the point of contact for existing customers and quote repeat work, travel to the client’s shop representing Symmetrix, and attend trade shows.
A talented, hard working person with a positive attitude will win this position. Salary is competitive and balanced with experience. To learn more about Symmetrix Composite Tooling, you are welcome to view the company website (www.symmetrixcomposites.com) and Facebook. If you feel you meet the above standards, please e-mail your resume to careers(a)symmetrixcomposites.com.
Outside of an advanced Quality Assurance team, metrology – the scientific study of measurement – is not a well-known concept. However, the confirmation that a project is both on track and accurate is essential to the manufacturing process.
Symmetrix Composite Tooling has added high accuracy metrology expertise to its expanding toolbox. For Symmetrix, metrology means verifying that our craftsmen using our large format machining center produce shapes to the accuracy our clients demand. Fractions of millimeter tolerances over tens of meters are the norm and require exacting levels of precision in both manufacture and measurement. With our FARO® laser tracker and Verisurf software, we measure and compare tooling surfaces to the 3D CAD model geometry with sub-millimeter accuracy without limitation due to size for near real-time confirmation that a project is on track.
By coupling today’s laser technology with a modern scientific approach, metrology expertise is a powerful tool with a variety of applications. SYMX can apply this technology and use our laser tracking to ‘Clock in’ and accurately assemble large composite tooling or complex pattern geometries. Even more, Symmetrix can now offer ‘On-Site’ mold verification as a value-added service. Clients can now confidently know their production process is free of errors letting them focus on design and innovation instead of manufacturing complications.
“Andy brings extensive knowledge and experience to Symmetrix, from closed molding-resin infusion to light-RTM tooling, production as well as prototype tooling. His years of composite tool-making across a variety of industries such as wind, transportation, medical, and marine give him a detailed understanding and confidence that only comes from years of ‘hands-on’ involvement. We are thrilled to have him on the team,” says John Barnitt, President of Symmetrix Composite Tooling. “Andy will have a key management role here at Symmetrix.”
In his new role, Andy brings two decades of experience in large scale composite mold making, Light RTM and heated epoxy tooling work to help expand Symmetrix’s composite tool making capabilities. As the former Tooling Manager of TPI Composites Inc., he is listed as inventor for multiple patents in heated tooling technology.
“Having worked as the guy on the shop floor with a table of offsets, to the guy in the office with a customer, I have the comprehensive understanding of composite products and whole manufacturing process,” says Andy. “Symmetrix’s proven track record of delivering complex composite solutions and verifying large scale geometries to submillimeter accuracy is pretty easy for me to get enthusiastic about.”
Andy grew up in California and studied Manufacturing Engineering and Plastics at Western Washington University before moving to the “right” coast. He is an automotive enthusiast and a Formula 1 racing fanatic. He lives with his family in Rhode Island.
Incredibly fast sailing yachts are being built with composites, and they’re setting new records in ocean-going speed. Daedalus Yachts is taking this concept of fast cruising a step further by adding green technology to power the systems on its Daedalus 80. This new technology eliminates the need to stop for fuel, extending the cruising range of the Daedalus 80 indefinitely.
Symmetrix was called in to shape and fabricate a modular tooling solution for ‘Phase One’ of the construction process; building canoe bodies and the structural wet deck surfaces. The 23 female molds not only fit together seamlessly but stand up to the post-curing process required for pre-preg carbon construction. The hulls are female-molded, vacuum-cured carbon and epoxy foam sandwich construction. The infused carbon-fiber molds match the thermal expansion properties of these materials, ensuring accurate final shapes for the hulls.
The Daedalus 80 is currently under construction in North Carolina. Read more on their website.
The first Back Cove with outboard engines features an entirely new hull that was designed using the power of computational fluid dynamics. From this sophisticated design, Symmetrix shaped a single-piece FRP production mold that will accommodate Back Cove’s infusion construction process and deliver the highest level of finish over the many expected pulls.
The hull, fitted with a standard bow thruster and designed specifically for outboard propulsion, offers cruise and top-end speeds approximately 10 knots faster than the traditional, single diesel engine Back Cove. Sea trials will take place in August, and the Back Cover 34O will debut at the 2018 Newport International Boat Show. Read more on the Back Cove Yachts website.